One final check on an order

Dishdog

Fully Optimized
I don't think your ready for this step yet,do some studying.
Why do you feel confident with the answers here ?
I won't make one because you havn't gave enough of a reason.

I'm not going to order till i get some more solid answers. the word theorically isn't a good word when your going to buy something worth over $100,lol.

Dishdog said:
Im going to buy a secong HDD and some RAM. i was looking over the HDD specs and i noticed in said as the interface 'Ultra ATA-100' (http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=715475&sku=THD-1600JB). now my motherboard (http://developer.intel.com/design/motherbd/av/index.htm) has Four Serial ATA interfaces, but it doesn't say anything about ultra serial ATA. i'm pritty sure that this doesn't matter but i just thought i better check before i place the order.

O ya i'm not open to suggestions for a different HDD unless this does matter.

That hard drive is parallel ATA and will not work with your SATA connections. They are very different. You have to get a SATA hard drive to use with the SATA connections, or find out if you have parallel ATA on your motherboard if you really want to get that drive anyway.

That drive will work on your system just fine. Your motherboard supports both sata and ata.
The main design of the serial ata interface is that it maintains a backward compatability with regular ata drives so as to avoid any conflicts. It will work on any motherboard that uses an sata or ata interface. To use that drive on a sata interface all you need is an adapter. but on your board a slot is available for tha standard Ide connection.

^^Just to clarify what you just said, it will work if i buy an adapter peice.

no you don't need an adapter he's saying that you're good to go but was explaining the differences between sata and ata. Sata will work with ata with an adapter. But you are fine you have a slot on your motherboard. IF and only IF lurkswithin is right i haven't checked..i should tho

Back
Top Bottom