Which one to choose

compfused

Solid State Member
I have customized two laptops, and I have decided that I will not buy anything but one of these, per my tight budget and time restrictions.

The first is an HP dv6500t

2.0ghz c2d processor
2gb ram
256 mb 8400m GS Graphics
Vista Business
120gb hdd

The enticing thing here is the price.
1063 usd

The second is a Dell Vostro

2.0 ghz c2d (Same as above)
2gb Ram
8600GT 256 mb graphics
120gb hdd
Vista Premium

The enticing thing here is the dell quality factor.
1148 usd.

Which should I get, I've heard bad things about hp, Will the hp play games? I am mostly looking for lighter games, Dungeon siege 2, neverwinter nights 2, something along those lines, not bioshock or anything like that (Got the 360 for that stuff). Which is going to be the best for playing some game, light music production, inet browsing...that sort of stuff. Both come with a 1 yr. warranty

Yeah man the second one is much better bang for the buck. The extra 80 bucks really make it a pretty good laptop.

HP lappys are pretty good, the only problem with them that I see is their design.

They come with a lot of crapware pre-installed on them when you buy it. They aren't bad laptops though.

Yeah, if it is an option, get an OS disk from the seller or something. There is so much crapware on it when they first come that oftentimes re-formatting the HDD is a good idea.

Thanks for replying, will the Hp be able to play the games I listed in the first post or no? I think I'm going to go with the dell, but if I can get the same performance from the hp it would be smarter to go with that and save the money, I am on a TIGHT budget lol

put it this way
the graphics card in the hp (first one) suxs balls
period
get the dell the graphics card (8600) is a much better card and will be able to run any game coming out this year if u want to
pluse in the games u listed above you will get much high fps and better looking textures and higher resolution

OK I decided on the Vostro, one problem...no dial up modem. Where I live (the sticks, michigan) my only options are dial-up or satellite and I can't afford satellite, so I'm wondering if there is some kind of external dial up thingy that I can get, if not than this computer would be utterly useless to me and I would have to go with the hp...thanks!

Back
Top Bottom