which one is better for gaming?

I'm more of an intel person. So I would say go with with the 3.4GHz Penitum 4 Prescott. The only thing a 64-bit CPU is good for right now is running Windows XP x64 Edition. There's really no 64-bit applications out there that you really need. I have a 2.8GHz Pentium 4 Prescott and the thing is a beast when it comes to games and multitasking. I play most of the high demanding games out right now with it and I play them lag free at respectable settings. So I don't what to tell you, either way both CPUs are good and will play anything on the market once linked with a good video card and a decent amount of RAM. :)

It won't matter much about the CPU - for example, if you spend a load on a graphics card then you will be able to play the latest games, but if you have an FX55 and a really really cheap graphics card you won't.

My desktop's got a 3.2Ghz P4 and it's fine for gaming. It's just my GPU sucks, and I've only got 512MB RAM, and a crappy stock motherboard... it'll very likely be getting upgraded soon, keeping the P4 because there's no need to replace it.

But my laptop (see sig for specs) runs everything I throw at it pretty bloody well, and it's Intel. So it's up to you.

Back
Top Bottom