Which One Is The Best Bang for The Buck

HafX

In Runtime
Hey Everyone,
So about a month ago I began looking into getting a new laptop or netbook as my old piece of crap Dell craptop finally died out on me. Basically I am looking to see what you guys think in reference to the "best bang for my buck" out of these 3 choices. And why you would pick it.

As of right now, I would personally like the new portable book to run the typical word, internet etc, my DJ programs such as Sony Acid, Fruity Loops, and ITunes, and if possible some less straining games. (I'm looking for around Call of Duty MW2 Capability).

I am also willing to be flexible on these requirements, but just wanted to lay them down as a sort of "where my mindset is at the moment" type of deal.

I am also open to suggestions if there are others on the market that are a decent price etc. My highest price is $500, as beyond that my rig is there to handle everything heavy. Thanks!

Choices:
Netbook:
Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS5552-7803 Notebook AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N970(2.2GHz) 15.6" Wide XGA 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 640GB HDD 5400rpm DVD-RAM/±R/±RW ATI Radeon HD 4250

Laptops:
Micro Center - Hewlett-Packard g6-1b60us Laptop Computer - Charcoal Gray LW350UA#ABA <--Best price I found and I can grab it locally today.

Newegg.com - Acer Aspire AS5552-7803 Notebook AMD Phenom II Quad-Core N970(2.2GHz) 15.6" Wide XGA 4GB Memory DDR3 1066 640GB HDD 5400rpm DVD-RAM/±R/±RW ATI Radeon HD 4250

Your third link is identical to the first one, FYI.

The two choices are pretty close, the APU is slower in clock, but the turbo mode can go higher than the Phenom II does, and you've got that great on-chip Radeon. I'd say the HP does win on that account, and since you can pick it up locally... go for it. :)

Back
Top Bottom