One 7800gtx or 2?

Osak

Daemon Poster
Please make sure in future to post in the correct forum, this thread has been moved to Hadware/Software, thanks. I'm planning on buying a new 7800gtx soon and im woundering if its best to buy one or 2? I have a PCI-E Mobo but it only has one PCI-E slot so that means i would have to buy a new mobo too.. So my question is, Will i be fine with one 7800gtx for a while (awhiling meaning a year) or should i wait until i have the money to buy both 7800's and the new mobo?

thanks

short answer yes. You will be fine with your 7800 gtx probably for a lot longer then a year. You can probably play the top games on it at decent to high resolution for around 3 years most likly.

1 is more than enough. And in about 2 years u will still be able to play games well with it. And when games are so cool that a 7800GTX can't run them well then just buy anotherone, prolly costs 50% less then.

well what im worried about is that SLI has been around for years but tis just now making a come back, and im worried that this "SLI CRAZE" is just over hyped and will soon die out also games have to support SLI :/ so im just gonna go with one for now....

Yep im gonna go with one, well i dont want to start anouther thread so ill ask here. Is there going to be a new socket type coming out soon? right now i have a 939 socket but iv been hearing people say that a new one is in Develpment, this true?

Definately. A single 7800 GTX could easily hold it's own when playing all the games today.

sli of a 7800 gtx although would be very powerfull, in my opinion is a waste of money. take a look at these benchmarks:

image005.gif

as you can see their really is minimal increase of peformance when putting into sli. In sli its 11441 in 3dmark vs in single 9721 in 3dmark. thts less then a %20 increase in peformance in high resolution. not worth it to me really.

Back
Top Bottom