Which one??

i dont like the look of them tbh, the cooling on them doesnt look very good, plus i didnt no that xfx made mobos, i thought it was just graphics cards, and from working at ocuk i heard that the evga 680i doesnt support quad that well, if your looking to get an 680i board then i would go for an asus board, better made and better cooling

i dont like the look of them tbh, the cooling on them doesnt look very good, plus i didnt no that xfx made mobos, i thought it was just graphics cards, and from working at ocuk i heard that the evga 680i doesnt support quad that well, if your looking to get an 680i board then i would go for an asus board, better made and better cooling

I'm sorry but for someone that works at OCUK saying the Evga 680I doesn't support quads that well is just TFF. Unless your talking the NF63-TR revision which you should specify because the one he selected is a perfect board for quad core overclocking.

The Evga 680I T1/A1 revisions are the number 1 pick for quad core overclockers. Also Maximum PC's motherboard of choice for there dream machine 07.

It would appear you really don't know much of anything along these lines, so maybe you should just avoid giving BS replys or inaccurate info. It just sounds like your pushing Asus IMO. I'm kind of sorry for the comment r_moore04 but it kind of pisses me off when people reply to threads that don't know what there talking about.

I've owned both Asus and Evga and I can tell you you'll be much happier with the Evga 680I. You would be smarter to wait for the new 780I's to get released though. Since they will have PCI-E 2.0 support plus support the new 45nm Intel Yorkfield chips. That or go with the new Intel X38 Chipset.

The second one you selected the Asus P5n32 isn't that great of a board. Support sucks and the warranty service is a joke. I have the Asus P5n32 Sli Premium version and it is crap compared to my 680I. Not to mention lifetime overclocking warranty so if you burn it you get a new one for nothing! That is if you get the A1 revision if you can find one. The T1 is the light version of the board and is missing a few things and comes with a 3 year warranty.

I'm sorry but for someone that works at OCUK saying the Evga 680I doesn't support quads that well is just TFF. Unless your talking the NF63-TR revision which you should specify because the one he selected is a perfect board for quad core overclocking.

some of the evga 680i board do not work with the quad cores, they had alot of boards bad because the cpu wasnt working prop, it was only showing 2 core, and yes there are do versions of this board but the place where you get it from can not guaranty which version you get.

a review for that board on the ocuk website:
Seems a half decent board but read around the web and you will see loads of people that cant overclock this baord over 3Ghz

And yes we all have the A1 version.

DONT BUY IF USING A QUAD

and yeh waiting for the 780i is the best thing to do atm, thats what alot of people are doing now.

depends, there will be diff versions of it, i'm getting that it will go from about £70 upto £200, but the mid-range ones will go for about £120.

but they will support more then the 680i

Back
Top Bottom