Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-07-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
Fully Optimized
Question which one???

well i think it is time for me to buy some new ram for my computer. i have 1.5 gigs of ram in it now and its getting buy but i think i need 2 gigs now.

here are my 3 sticks of ram that are currently in my computer.

the 2 samsung sticks are the ones that came with my computer and the corsair one, my friend gave me and since the samsung's speed is slower it drags the corsair one down with it as well.

so what i was think was either buy two of these sticks since they are pretty cheap http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145505 or buy one stick of this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145576 because the timmings are awesome.

i'm still a little etchy on timmings for a stick of 1 gig ram but i know the best timmings for a stick of 512 is 2-2-2-5, so i'm guessing the lower the better, correct?

i'm kind of leaning towards the 2 sticks of 1 gig than rather the one but would i see a huge difference from the better timmings on the one stick of ram or from the ones with 2 gigs? i know it seems kind of stupid but the first link's ram doesn't show the timmings and wanted you guys what you thought. thanks.

Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:34 PM   #2
Omnipotent One
Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster
Default Re: which one???

Those all look fine to me. The speed, 200MHz, and timings, 8-3-3-3, are all matching so I don't see any performance hits from the Samsung. I would suggest just getting a 512MB stick of Corsair Value Select DDR400 and save yourself a few dollars.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote