Onboard sound problem

spike47

Baseband Member
Hi

I have fitted a new-ish Foxconn 946Z7 Motherboard , and I just can not get any sound out of the Rear or Front Jacks , I have downloaded all the drivers I can find from Foxconn and Realtek but still nothing .
I have un-installed and re-installed a couple of times but still nothing , have tried different speakers , sound device is showing up in Device Manager , " Realtek HD Audio ". and the speaker icon is showing in the bottom right corner , and when I try to play a music file , when I put the cursor on the speaker icon you can see see the green bar going up and down as if some music is being detected somewhere !! .

I have ran out of things to try , any help out there .

cheers

spike

I only have the onboard connections , front panel I have disconnected from board .

cheers

spike

Have you checked if the computer is set to the right audio output?
righclick on the sound icon in the taskbar. click the playback devises. See if analog is default

OK Here is the situation as of now . I un-deleted all the sound drivers etc , and downloaded drivers direct from Realtek , the situation has changed as to the screen shots

1: When I do a configure speaker Test as in the first screen shot ( stereo ) there is no sound ( but the stereo setup in the screen shot is for the (front speakers ! ) my connection is direct to the motherboard (rear speakers) tried with front still no sound .

2: When I do a configure speaker Test as in the second screen shot ( quadraphonic ) there is no sound from the front speaker , but we get sound from my rear speakers .

3: When I do a configure speaker Test as in the third screen shot ( surround 5.1 ) there is no sound from the front speakers , but we get sound ( is like a door bell sound ) from my rear speakers .

to conclude , why is the stereo setting only showing front speakers , I thought that I had to have my setting for stereo , in any case none of the settings give me sound from a music file , yet the test shows that sound is indeed coming from my rear motherboard connection !! .

Attachments

• audio screen shot 1a.jpg
    audio screen shot 1a.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 6
  • audio screen shot  stereo.jpg
    audio screen shot stereo.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 3
  • audio screen shot  Quadraphonic.jpg
    audio screen shot Quadraphonic.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 3
  • audio screen shot  5.1  surround.jpg
    audio screen shot 5.1 surround.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1
OK this is the most basic of solutions and sorry for any possible offence but being that you get the door bell sound and yet nothing when playing music. Volume on the program you are playing the music turned up and mute off.

And are you trying a different file format e.g. MP3 or WMA?

Mossiac

Back
Top Bottom