Onboard Grpahics

MooseMan said:
well it really depends on what u like. the reason i went with intel is because of faster clock speeds and they do have good L cache sizes. i have nothing agenst AMD i just think that intel seems 2 be more round fitted instead of focusing on a main thing, or thats how it appears in my POV, i may be wrong.

Actually I would say that AMD's are better for gaming. I actually have a +3200 myself. I'm not really PC gamer, more of a console freak. Anyway Intel processors can have clock speeds like 3.6 and higher, but AMD can give you that same exact speed with a 2.4Ghz processor for the simple fact that there processor are not taking up as much space. I really prefer AMD to the fullest.

acphenom said:
Yes, but K8 Semprons are usually cheaper yet better performing, so I'd go with a Sempron over a Celeron any day.

Dude any Sempron is better than a Celeron for the simple fact they have 1600 mhz front side bus.

And about the 256KB L2 Cache:
I really don't care because I got a cheap video card just to handle the simple graphics that I'm using it for such as watching movies and playing minor games like Age of Empires I or something.

However I do have a dilemma. I was going to upgrade my memory to 1Gb stick of Corsair Value Select (not 512 X 2). Come to find out new egg has it really cheap for $80 while my job with my discount, has it for $120. That is with the freakin discount!!!! Or I can just get the 512 stick of Corsair Value Select for $55.

I am not the type of person who likes to wait for something when I order online. I always go for Expedited Shipping. I can not wait a week for that memory. I'm thinking about just getting the 512mb stick and just be happy with 768MB for right now. Ya think that would be enough if the pc already runs decently fast? Put it like this, I can burn a CD the way my celeron is now in only 5 minutes. I just want it to be a fast backup PC.

well i do respect both of your opinions on AMD Vs Intel, i do like both company's myself. As far as ur dilemma goes i think that 768MB will do u fine for what your using ur computer for from my understanding. of course i always say u can never have 2 much RAM until u reach ur mobo limit but truthfully u don't need much more than 768MB, yea 1gig would make startup and things faster but i doubt you'll ever max out that 1g1ig what what ur doing

Also the integrated memory controller, Jay. :D

But I can't really recommend Intel. AMD CPU's are usually cheaper and offer better performance in most stuff.

Intel only really wins in video/audio encoding and multitasking (against single-core AMD's).

I would recommend a Sempron 3000+ with Cool'n'Quiet Technology, but if you need more power, then an Athlon 64 X2 3800+ is the best option.

Cache really doesn't hurt performance in most tasks.

well i am going to bring HT technology into the matter. no i am not defending intel but i wanna kno what people think about it. some people say it's bogus, i seem to greatly notice a performance change though. my friend downgraded slighly, by 100MHz and this 1 didn't have HT, and the performance is noticable worse...so yea i think HT is worth it but what do u guys think?

acphenom said:
Also the integrated memory controller, Jay. :D

I'm pretty sure that Intels also carry memory controllers as well.

To Mooseman,

I would definitely say that you do notice a difference in a P4 processor with HT(630 for example) compared to a regular P4 like a 519K processor.However, with Hyper Transport that is offered from AMD, anything that is saved doesn't have to go through all the tunnels and bridges that most P4's have to go through just to reach the motherboard's memory.

Nope, I'm pretty sure there's no integrated memory controllers on Intel CPU's. I heard there will be IMC's in new Intel CPU's but I'm not too clear on that.

acphenom said:
Nope, I'm pretty sure there's no integrated memory controllers on Intel CPU's. I heard there will be IMC's in new Intel CPU's but I'm not too clear on that.
yea i'm pretty sure ur right but not positive, i guess thats something 2 look ^

Back
Top Bottom