Onboard Graphics Disable

Mike89

In Runtime
Can someone walk me through the process of disabling my intel extreme graphics 2. in noob language please. Do i put the card in then start the PC or just disable first and put the card in. I need to know the whole process if someone can take the time to write some instructions i would appreciate it. Thanks

-Mike

Reboot the PC and press the "Delete" button to access BIOS when you see it on the screen. Look for advanced configuration or something like that and browse for the Intel onboard video. You can use arrow keys to highlight it and make your selection. From there, you can disable or enable the integrated graphics controller.

Might not be word for word depending on the BIOS manufacturer, but look for something similar.

No, before that. During the boot up process (the black screen), it will tell you when to press the 'delete' key to enter setup utility. When you see that, press the delete key immediately.

You can do that too. RIght click on the Intel Extreme Graphics 2 and click on disable in the Device Manager. I just never did it that way. Either way will work.

Ok thanks,but also can someone tell me the order of things? Ex. install card start computer uninstall intel driver, install new driver. is that correct? with the graphics automatically work when i install the driver?

Turn computer on then press repeately Delete...just to make sure it brings you to BIOS.

Go to something that is hardware related. or somehing like CPU/pnp settings...

Look for Onboard video share and select none. Svae settings and restart

Back
Top Bottom