omg sound ><

jcon891

Daemon Poster
So, my sound on my computer is not working at all... here is what i did:

went to control panel to check the sound card.... it says that there is no device..

I went and uninstalled the drivers in safe mode, restarted the computer... didnt work..

I reinstalled the drivers from Creative's website... still no sound/still says no audio device..

have no clue what to do now.. and yes everything is hooked up right/ volume is turned up on the computer.

Oh and i have a Creative soundblaster Live! audio card.

Go back to your Device Manager and delete everything in the Sound, Video, and Game controllers.

Did you install a new sound card? Make sure connection is firm. As long as you have the right drivers, you should have no worries on getting it to work again.

Take out the card, install the drivers, put card back in, try then. Have you installed any new hardware recently?

i did everything u guys said.. and still nothing different is happening.. im thinking my soundcard is gone. no its not new either. So Im wondering now how to switch from my sound card to onboard sound? do i just go into the BIOS and do it?

edit: no jox i have not installed new hardware lately and i already tried the card thing :/

Lol, I was going to suggest that too. Try the very last one. That's where I have mine installed on. I had conflicts with my other slots. My TV tuner card had conflicts with my sound card. If I take out the TV Tuner, I'm good to go. But if I leave it in, I can't get my sound card to work unless I moved it away from the TV Tuner card. Strange.

Then restart the PC once installed. Windows should detect it as a New Hardware and install it's windows drivers. You should have sound at that point. Check volume controls and speaker configuration in Control Panel (sound).

after much work with my card and drivers and everything

sound.jpg

:/ i did all those things that u guys said, and the annoying thing is... my sound was working perfectly.. i didnt change ANYTHING and it stopped.. so i am guessing my card is just gone or something

Was it an original sound card since you got that PC? It could be just dead as you say. Maybe you can use the onboard sound?

Back
Top Bottom