Omg! 8800gt destroys 8800gts!!!

not at all, but for some reason people think that the cpu bottle necks the gpu a lot, which it doesnt. all the cpu has to do is send it commands, that are just a couple MB in size, since most cards already have all the stuff cached, the cpu only has to send the textures\models\animations\etc. during the loading screen.

once you get down to a much lower end cpu, then yeah it will bottle neck it a little. for example i have a 3600+ X2, running 2 cores @ 1.9ghz, brisbane core.
stock 3dMark06 with 8800GTS 320 was around 8000
oced from 1.9 to 2.5, my score was about 8600, 99% coming from the boosted cpu score

not at all, but for some reason people think that the cpu bottle necks the gpu a lot, which it doesnt. all the cpu has to do is send it commands, that are just a couple MB in size, since most cards already have all the stuff cached, the cpu only has to send the textures\models\animations\etc. during the loading screen.

once you get down to a much lower end cpu, then yeah it will bottle neck it a little. for example i have a 3600+ X2, running 2 cores @ 1.9ghz, brisbane core.
stock 3dMark06 with 8800GTS 320 was around 8000
oced from 1.9 to 2.5, my score was about 8600, 99% coming from the boosted cpu score

I assume your kidding?

-blast, you can't invisitext on these forums...-

i wasnt kidding. were you?

also this is how you "invisitext", select the text below

just make the text white, unless you highlight it, you wont be able to read the text

i wasnt kidding. were you?

also this is how you "invisitext", select the text below

just make the text white, unless you highlight it, you wont be able to read the text

No, I wasn't kidding, I just said I assumed you where cause your sig said to assume you where kidding (but you deleted your sig now...). But no, thats not invisitext, it's merely camotext. You can still see it pretty easy. On the ign forums, it's nearly impossible to see the right colored text against there background.

lol, im pissed at nVidia :[[[

fuggg, so the new 8800GTS EE is only going to have the same amount of stream proccessors as the new GT, except its gonna have 640MB memory instead of 520!?

AND ITS 500$!?!?!?

WTF IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE!?!??!

nothing is wrong. why is nothing wrong? simlple. people will buy it at that price. its a fact, it wont be 500$, it will be 20-30 more than the current GTS's.

Back
Top Bottom