Omg! 8800gt destroys 8800gts!!!

I would wait until, they are released tomorrow because nvidia is not stupid and they are releasing new 640mb 8800gts's with 112 stream processors so that the 8800gt doesn't outperform the 8800gts...

i have a 320mb, and i said i would do a straight trade, GTS for GT, they could go and sell my 320 card as recertified and give me the cheaper to make 8800GT.

in the end we both get what we want;)

^^ true. I know they are planning on re-doing the GTS. The smart move should have been upgrade the GTS then release the GT. However, I'm sure Nvidia had their reason to do it that way.

how much VRAM is the 8800GT going to have? 256/512?

EDIT:
512mb, definately going to do a step up deal, more shaders, more ram, more money for evga. whats not there to love.

good thing i saved EVERYTHING out of my package, the other day i was thinking about throwing away my box

EDIT2: i found a benchmark where it beats the 8800GTX!!!!

scct.jpg

Wow, I like it. Any news on the 8900 tho? I am going to wait til I am working again before I upgrade tho.

Wait did I miss something because you guys are all talking about PCI-E 2.0 and all. Did it come out if it did then....(Dam why does everything i get have to go out of date as soon as i get it. I mean i saw the new AMD CPUs that where going to come out but now the PCI-E 2.0??? I think I will just have to swap out my whole mobo for a new one with a 9800GTX new AMD CPU and all which is another $1000.... only if I had a job)

Yes, PCI-express 2.0 motherboards have been out for more than a month already. Good Stuff. But they're very expensive and only a few manufacturer have them out now. Wait a bit longer and they'll come down in price as more and more vendor start to roll them out.

Loads of shops are starting to list it now.

Average price seems to be about £165. I thought it would be less, but still a great deal.

Is that it? When the GTS is around £250 for the 640mb? Wow...

I'm happy with how Crysis performs on my PC though at a slightly lower res. 32-45fps isn't anything to moan about really, espiecally since like I've said previously, Motion Blur used in newer games makes FPS differences seem less noticable.

hmmm....maybe evga will cut me a deal with step-up

This card is not available for Step-Up, past 90 day window (Ended:10/29/2007)
:( it ended today...one day later and i would have had it :(

Since I paid more than the GT is now worth, could I get the GT with money back? :p
Mines Evga too

Back
Top Bottom