The old mouse problem finally solved

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
This is going to be an old post, but for some of you older members here who remember my post regarding the problem I had with my optical mouse light being on all the time even when the PC is turned off, the problem is fixed.

I've been using a KVM switch (IOGEAR) for the longest time. I decided since I won't be adding another PC anytime soon, the KVM switch was coming off. I attached the keyboard and mouse directly into the back of the motherboards I/O panel instead of the KVM switch while the PC was off, turned it back on, and then turned it off again to make sure the mouse light was not lit. Sure enough, it was the KVM the whole time that was making the optical mouse lit up. The mouse itself is a regular USB mouse which requires a USB to PS/2 adapter.

The KVM switch was internally designed to store power from the motherboard. There was a green LED light on the whole damn time that I never pay attention too. That was causing my mouse to stay lit!!!! Sometime, the simplest solution is right in front of our face. LITERALLY!!!

I just thought I would share my triumph. So for those of you who have a similar problem with your mouse light being on all the time, double check to see if you're running off of a KVM switch of some kind. It may just be the fix to your problem.

yes, flare the fireworks, roll the drums and raise the colors, we have a lifetime showcase event to celebrate

Well, im not sure what half the stuff is. But I get the general idea of it. Lol.. Anyways.. good deductions :D

Lol, it wasn't really a major problem but a nagging one. After a whole year gone by, the mouse is finally acting "normal". It was no big deal having it lit all time, but it's also a relief that it finally gets a break (besides unplugging the whole darn mouse). So funny.

KVM stands for "keyboard/Video/Mouse". It's a hardware device that allows you to use the same keyboard, monitor, and mouse on mulitple PCs without having to buy separate monitors, keyboards, mouse for the other computers. Neat invention. I use run 2 PCs before which is why I got it.

actuall,y my other system does that.. haha, all i do is switch the power off from the switch on the back.. anyway, thanks for the info :)

Mine didn't have a switch on the KVM at all. It's a really small device I got from Newegg last year. It's as tall as your thumb and as wide as a eye glass lens. It's kind of like a little mini USB drive but wider. It's so small that it conceals itself from site behind the PC. That's what I like about it.

TRDCorolla said:
Lol, it wasn't really a major problem but a nagging one. After a whole year gone by, the mouse is finally acting "normal". It was no big deal having it lit all time, but it's also a relief that it finally gets a break (besides unplugging the whole darn mouse). So funny.

KVM stands for "keyboard/Video/Mouse". It's a hardware device that allows you to use the same keyboard, monitor, and mouse on mulitple PCs without having to buy separate monitors, keyboards, mouse for the other computers. Neat invention. I use run 2 PCs before which is why I got it.

Oh.. I see. I think I get what your saying...

Back
Top Bottom