Old Computers (Desktops)

darius19

Solid State Member
I just have a pretty general question...

I have two old desktop computers at my house, and I have decided to get rid of them because they are simply cluttering up my house. I was just wondering how eveyone here deals with the problem of getting rid of these machines.

Do you simply throw it away, or is there any way to make some money out of it? :)

Thanks

You could sell them, or just throw them in the tip - or, you could use them as firewalls, or servers.

What are the specs?

Welcome to CF by the way!

Depending on the stats and stuff you may be better off selling them in pieces if your going to sell them at all. Or just take them to the dump they should have a place for electronics and stuff.

They are pretty old. One is an old Sony Vaio (I don't remember the specs) and the other was custom built and the had drive crashed. I already sold off the RAM.

I just don't know what to do with it to be honest. I am sure no one would want to buy them for personal use, as one doesn't work and the other is over 5 years old. Is there no hope for them?

Thanks

Keep them, sell them off - especially if they are not that old. Just dont throw them away - unless you really really have no other choice. Or, just sell them off part for part..

Where do you live?

I live in Maine. Is there a good place where I can try to sell the parts?
The monitors are pretty big, and with the flat screens being very affordable these days I fear I won't be able to sell those. I definetly do not want to keep them.

What specific parts could still be usable, and what would be a good place to sell them?

As you can see, I am not very experienced with this. Thank you for your help so far!

Dont worry, damn, if you were in the UK, I would take them off your hands. What exactly do you have left? It would be alot better if we knew the specs, if you could give us a socket number, we could estimate around that..you could just put everything on ebay.

Back
Top Bottom