Old Computer not Displaying After WinXP Boot Screen

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
Well, I just reseted my old computers Northbridge and lapped that.
Make a long story short, i got everything working, but the computer wont display after the WinXP boot screen.
Its on my 32 in. Element LCD screen......In a hurry sorry
No idea y its not working, any suggestions.

Thank You
Need WoW Now

Have you by any chance placed a different harddrive in it to what was there originally?

Does it work with a lower res monitor? I had a problem where I had a brand new system never booted yet and put an older monitor on it and it wouldn't display after some point in booting. I put a newer monitor on it after I decided to reinstall with the restore disc and it worked fine, because of the new monitor, not the restore.

1. No new Hard Drive, and 2. I want this comp to work in my basement so i can use it when im playing my PS3 or 360 for quick internet stuff, after i get a wireless PCI card. So i think i will try what u said but i eventually want it to work on this tv.
sooooo besides going out and getting a cheapo monitor(Trying to save up for new speakers) what are my opitions?

I was more just saying to test it on a smaller monitor... If it does the same thing it's not a resolution problem.

I was more just saying to test it on a smaller monitor... If it does the same thing it's not a resolution problem.

Usually when it is a resolution problem, it is too high of a resolution set, not too low. He actually should try booting into safe mode and checking his resolution from there. If that doesn't work, try to find something with a higher resolution than he is already at.

Thank You guys, Its Fixed ^.^
I took the Computer up to this other TV and set the resolution to full HD, then brought it back to my basement and hooked it up there, and it recognizable it. Before i believe at the beginning the input screen said the rez was at 480by600 something low, I switched it and now its at 1280X765 on a 720p/1080i TV!

Now I have one more question then all is solved.
I have the USB Wireless Networking Adapter for my 360. I was thinking, is it possible to use that on the computer? If so, then I just saved my self 20 bucks from buying a Wireless PCI Card.

and again thank you

nvm the question, tryed it out, no luck. =(

Back
Top Bottom