Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-08-2004, 01:37 PM   #21
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness
Default Re: Old computer with new life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Kalthorn
Lol!

Yeah - it is fun! I do prefer Software but you can't beat some good old Hardware from time to time!
I prefer the hardware side of computers mostly. I like putting computers together, aswell as trying to find problems. Its fun for me.

Though, games are good aswell

TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 01:47 PM   #22
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Yeah - I like the programming - which I why I want to get into it!

Old 04-08-2004, 01:55 PM   #23
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness

Quote:
Yeah - I like the programming - which I why I want to get into it!
I've never been fond of programming, was part of my Computing course in the first year and i basically failed it. Programming never really seemed enjoying to me, not like building your own computer, and then taking it apart again when its time for an upgrade

But thats just me
Old 04-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #24
Guru

Lol - I think everybody likes that; I just like the idea of creating programs. Like making babies!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:04 PM   #25
In Runtime

Quote:
Lol - I think everybody likes that; I just like the idea of creating programs. Like making babies!
I doubt its as fun as making babies though

Making your own program would be cool, but from what ive heard, it takes ages to learn the different programming languages, and then you have to figure out what your programs gonna do, then plan it all.

Too much work for me.

I like building computers as they are fairly easy to make (sometimes), you get to see all the parts that make the computer itself, where all the parts go and plus, if theres a problem, you know where to look
Old 04-08-2004, 02:15 PM   #26
Guru

Lol - got me there!

It does - I haven't even started! I had the money for Visual Studio but the guy moved; then I had to wait 3 weeks and the money didn't last - used it to by my Website and vBulletin - then I had my money thing month and I saw a 3 for 2 on Sharpe Books! So its going to take me ages to work up 40 to buy Visual Studio and start learning!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:20 PM   #27
In Runtime

Quote:
Lol - got me there!

It does - I haven't even started! I had the money for Visual Studio but the guy moved; then I had to wait 3 weeks and the money didn't last - used it to by my Website and vBulletin - then I had my money thing month and I saw a 3 for 2 on Sharpe Books! So its going to take me ages to work up 40 to buy Visual Studio and start learning!
Then again, its the same on the hardware part, no money, no parts. Plus, depending on the parts, its gonn a cost you a fortune anyway, but you have to pay for most things in this world

Basically, i dont have the patience to sit and learn a programming language, then write my own program. I'd find it more enjoyable replacing a mobo or something

Damn my short patience
Old 04-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #28
Guru

Yeah - isn't it just too true!
Old 04-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #29
In Runtime

Quote:
Yeah - isn't it just too true!
Yup, everything costs to damn much

Like 800 quid for a P4 EE, thats just to damn expensive

Though, for a good old Raddy 9800, only bout 150 quid if i remember correctly which is kinda cheap
Old 04-08-2004, 02:43 PM   #30
Guru

I suppose. But 800 for the P4HTEE or Pforeightiey! Seems pretty good really! That bastards is a fast thing - how long he will last is not known; he isn't 64-bit!