Old computer with new life.

Lord Kalthorn said:
A 2.5 going at 3.2 would not last very long! :D

Will if i get the case with the nuber of fans i want in :)

Even if it dont, i'll still be able to get it to about 2.8-3.0 fine. I know they last, one of my friends is running a 2.5 at 2.9 and its fine. Temps rise to about 60 when under load, but at idle, less than 40.

TheSickness said:
Will if i get the case with the nuber of fans i want in :)

Even if it dont, i'll still be able to get it to about 2.8-3.0 fine. I know they last, one of my friends is running a 2.5 at 2.9 and its fine. Temps rise to about 60 when under load, but at idle, less than 40.

Well - I suppose its safe but the ware and tear can't be too good and the life span must be shorted however much by. I'd prefer to keep my 2.2 as it is.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Well - I suppose its safe but the ware and tear can't be too good and the life span must be shorted however much by. I'd prefer to keep my 2.2 as it is.
Really, it depends as the wear and tear comes from the heat thats given out. If you can keep the heat down, it should last aslong as it originally would (or maybe just a little less). But really, CPU's can last years (i have an 8 year old computer and i aint changed the CPU once and it still runs fine). More ofter than not, you upgrade it within say 2-3 years, an overclocked CPU, depending if you know what your doing and manage to keep the heat down, will still last longer than that ;)

Lord Kalthorn said:
Well - yeah - but still - I'd feel safer and happier with the set clock speed.

I'm just a cheap ass. I'd rather try get something that i would have to pay, say 300-300 quid if not more, for , for free.

Plus i know when to stop, unlike some people who think they can push a CPU to its limits and then past them. If the system becomes too unstable, lower the FSB to what it was stale at and leave it
:)

The things you learn from hanging round yopur local computer shop (which is actually quite good, they actually know what they are talking about) :D

Lord Kalthorn said:
Lol - yeah! I don't know what I'd do with the rest of my time that I don't post if I didn't work at a Computer Shop!

The owner of the computer shop i go in is cool. If he doesn't like anything (and believe me he dont like much) he calls it wank
:)

Im only there afew times aweek, just to see if they have anything new in, and sometimes give them a hand fixing/building comps for people. Its quite fun, and a very good laugh. Best part is, if i help them , i get paid :)

Lord Kalthorn said:
Yeah, but I work for my Computer Shop - good fun. Nice 15% discount too!

Would you mind getting me a few parts on your discount :)

I wanna work in a computer shop. From what i've done at my local one, its quite fun, and sometimes challenging, which is usually good coz it means i probably will learn something new :) Either that, or open my own sometime in the future, that would be cool. Getting paid to do what i like, fix and make computers :D

Back
Top Bottom