old computer

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, I have been working on an old computer that wouldn't power up, so far I've got it working by changing the PSU, although the psu had an extra connection I'd never seen before labelled P6, the psu I put in didn't have one of them, I changed a couple of other components around as well, but the specs as far as I can remember are intel celeron 2ghz, 1.5gb ram, nvidia fx5200 256mb agp graphics card 350w psu, for some reason it won't play you tube videos, a couple of searches have resulted in people saying it's the cpu, but I know someone with a netbook with a 1.6ghz and 1gb ram, and I'm told it plays videos, I also had one with the same specs and I'm sure it played them, has anyone experienced this problem or have a solution, I'm sure I have a couple of old cpu's upstairs which I'm going to have a look at now.

Succeeded, found a P4 2ghz cpu in another computer, decided it's probably better than the celeron so changed any way, removed Java, installed the realtek audio driver and disabled the program for the wireless networ card, as windows seems to be trying to connect me at the same time as the wifi ultility, not sure what solved it, but I can watch videos on Youtube and Netflix now

I don't the CPU would affect the machine being able to do searches on Google or watch YouTube with those specs. Have you made sure flash player, java etc are updated? Also what browser are you using?

Back
Top Bottom