Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-25-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
In Runtime

Default old computer

Hi all, I have been working on an old computer that wouldn't power up, so far I've got it working by changing the PSU, although the psu had an extra connection I'd never seen before labelled P6, the psu I put in didn't have one of them, I changed a couple of other components around as well, but the specs as far as I can remember are intel celeron 2ghz, 1.5gb ram, nvidia fx5200 256mb agp graphics card 350w psu, for some reason it won't play you tube videos, a couple of searches have resulted in people saying it's the cpu, but I know someone with a netbook with a 1.6ghz and 1gb ram, and I'm told it plays videos, I also had one with the same specs and I'm sure it played them, has anyone experienced this problem or have a solution, I'm sure I have a couple of old cpu's upstairs which I'm going to have a look at now.

Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
In Runtime

Default Re: old computer

Succeeded, found a P4 2ghz cpu in another computer, decided it's probably better than the celeron so changed any way, removed Java, installed the realtek audio driver and disabled the program for the wireless networ card, as windows seems to be trying to connect me at the same time as the wifi ultility, not sure what solved it, but I can watch videos on Youtube and Netflix now

Corsair Carbide spec 3 * Gigabyte Socket 1151 * Intel I5 7600k 3.8ghz * 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 2133mhz * Corsair CX750 * 2gb Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX 960 Strix * 1TB internal Samsung spinpoint * Windows 10 home
emperor76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
Golden Master

Default Re: old computer

I don't the CPU would affect the machine being able to do searches on Google or watch YouTube with those specs. Have you made sure flash player, java etc are updated? Also what browser are you using?
BK_123 is offline   Reply With Quote