ok I need help with my dell xps 700

kevkid

Baseband Member
i just bought a "build your own" system and i didnt buy a hardrive but i got an old hardrive from an old computer. I have a major problem i installed a windows xp its the manufacturers disk (dell) so its legit but the problem is that when i run windows xp and try to highlight somthing in my documents the computer starts to jam-up and just doing that takes up 50% of cpu also i try to run an emulator and it runs but very slowly (ps1 emulator) its running a dual core processer running at 3.00ghz can any one tell me what might be the problem so i could troubleshoot. (I think its the harddrive cuz its old and might not be running at its optimal performance can anyone please help)

the help will be apreciated ;)

probs is ya HDD, ya computer can only run as fast as ya slowest component

Yeah, invest in a nice fast hard drive..if the computer is trying to access information quickly, and your HDD can't keep up..boom, you start to crash. 7200 RPM is a definetly now a days, evan 10K RPM if you can afford it.

They are not really necessary, a 7200RPM with a nice cache are fine to use, 10K is just a waste of money, unless you are a serious gamer, or video/image editor.

Back
Top Bottom