Ok i found the problem but how!?!?

jollybluegiant

Baseband Member
ok so if you guys dont remember, i had a problem with my moms computer where it would restart, giving me all sorts of errors. Well i took her computer out, and put mine in its place so that we could use the internet. So i downloaded/installed all the programs that my moms computer had. And all of a sudden, my computer started shutting down too. Well i found out that it was Limewire that was doing it. I uninstalled it and it doesnt shut down anymore. HOWEVER, now i am not able to go into safe mode. When it tries it stops and gives me the blue screen of death saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Take note this was one od the other errors it gave me when it decided to just restart. Is this a memory problem? i have enough i think. 1GB of RAM and 2 HDDs 160GB and a 20GB. So, (1)How can i reverse this problem with my safe mode? and (2) what in Limewire could be restarting my computers? Thanks a bunch
Jim

why the hell would limewire screw up ur computer?
i don't get that either....
are you absolutely sure it was limewire?

Limewire comes with all sorts of things that are bad,lol. Have you tried to google the error?

sk8ngame said:
why the hell would limewire screw up ur computer?
i don't get that either....
are you absolutely sure it was limewire?

p2p file sharing can deliever u lots of prolems and virus. i would suggest to reinstall windows.

Yes i have narrowed it down to limewire, and its pissing me off because its a great program. and re-installing windows does SQUAT..i did it on my moms, no luck. And no i didnt download any trojans, i dont think. I tired two different anti-viruses (at different times) and they found nothing. I used AVG and Trend Micro, the two best ones that i could find. So if i cant use limewire...are there any other programs that are like it? Because i REALLY REALLY liked this program...BEFORE IT STARTED CRASHING MY COMPUTERS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o can anyone explain the safe mode deal? because i cant. Should i just install windows over the top of my previous version?

format ALL of ur drives. because u dont kno where the virus is. reinstalling windows only formats the master drive. a virus can go into any drives, as long as it has .exe files. it has to be in ur drives. FORMATTING IT WILL HELP.

format your drives
reinstall windows
get norton internet security/adaware/spybot/bitdefender
DOWNLOAD ARES (p2p that has no crap, viruses, adware, spyware, NOTHING)

sk8ngame said:
format your drives
reinstall windows
get norton internet security/adaware/spybot/bitdefender
DOWNLOAD ARES (p2p that has no crap, viruses, adware, spyware, NOTHING)

haha ares is crap, after u use for a while it will take forever to connect to server, and u cant do anything before that. every p2p has a chance of transporting virus. jus so u kno. p2p means person to person, and that person ur getting ur file from can put a virus on that file ur getting.

Ares just gives you lots of search results, but you are never able to finish the download,lol.

Back
Top Bottom