Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2006, 02:11 AM   #71
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: oh great

You'll love those speakers. Logitech are #1 in PC sound. THat hard drive looks ok too. Lots of storage.
__________________

__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:31 AM   #72
Daemon Poster
 
badninja3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,348
Send a message via AIM to badninja3
Default Re: oh great

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
You'll love those speakers. Logitech are #1 in PC sound. THat hard drive looks ok too. Lots of storage.
ya. the same type(same brand, same series, same specs) of hdd but 160gb is like $70, so for $10 more, im getting 90gb more. thats hecka cheap.

whoops. i forgot to add in a keyboard/mouse to that budget earlier. ill just edit it in.
__________________

__________________
ATHLON64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz AM2. 2 x 512mb OCZ 800mhz ddr2 ram. EVGA 7600GT KO.

myspace.com/badninja3
badninja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:34 AM   #73
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: oh great

Thats speakers are insane. You also get some insane bass with them, oh man. My dad has them, and they sound so nice, crisp.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:38 AM   #74
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: oh great

The only thing you will find is that it is about 230GB not 250GB because of the formatting. This is the same with any hard drive (ie, a 300GB one would probably be about 280GB) but that doesn't really matter because it is still a huge amount of space!!!
__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #75
Daemon Poster
 
badninja3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,348
Send a message via AIM to badninja3
Default Re: oh great

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Thats speakers are insane. You also get some insane bass with them, oh man. My dad has them, and they sound so nice, crisp.
im just gonna be using onboard sound. should they still sound good?

Quote:
The only thing you will find is that it is about 230GB not 250GB because of the formatting. This is the same with any hard drive (ie, a 300GB one would probably be about 280GB) but that doesn't really matter because it is still a huge amount of space!!!
ya. that is still a lot of space. all im currently using is about 60gb. lol. so 230 is way more than enough. lol. i think i'll partition it tho. does that lower performance? or raise it? i would think it raises it cuz it decreases teh amount of space the comp has to look thru to find a file.
__________________
ATHLON64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz AM2. 2 x 512mb OCZ 800mhz ddr2 ram. EVGA 7600GT KO.

myspace.com/badninja3
badninja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #76
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: oh great

Yes, should still be ok. The speaker themselves will make it sound good.
__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:43 AM   #77
Daemon Poster
 
badninja3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,348
Send a message via AIM to badninja3
Default Re: oh great

whoops, looks like u posted right before i finished editing my other post.
__________________
ATHLON64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz AM2. 2 x 512mb OCZ 800mhz ddr2 ram. EVGA 7600GT KO.

myspace.com/badninja3
badninja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:29 AM   #78
Golden Master
 
ArrizX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16,073
Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: oh great

Yeah, my dad is using onboard too. I mean dude, he doesnt even have a 5.1 card. He has 2.1 or whatever, and I have a nifty little connecter that takes center, rear and front, puts it all into one, and stick it into the back of the computer. So technicly its playing 2.1. But I made it so it plays sound though all the speakers. Even with that it sounds insane.
__________________
. ()()()()
./l ,[_\_\ ],
l---L ()lllllll()-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #79
Golden Master
 
ISOwner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 12,208
Default Re: oh great

Quote:
Originally Posted by badninja3

ya. that is still a lot of space. all im currently using is about 60gb. lol. so 230 is way more than enough. lol. i think i'll partition it tho. does that lower performance? or raise it? i would think it raises it cuz it decreases teh amount of space the comp has to look thru to find a file.
No, I don't think it will lower performance because the whole disk won't be fragmented as much because of the individual partitions. It's common knowledge that the more files you store on that huge drive, the slower it will be. Just keep that in mind. I got rid of 3/4 of my files on my HDD (backed them up) and holy smokes!!!! I'm speeding through everything!!! Did a defrag and boot time increased to 15 seconds right into Windows!!!! Talk about fast. I barely have anything on the drive now, just the OS and a few programs that I use. Got rid of my games too!!!

Yeah....
__________________
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 03:06 PM   #80
Daemon Poster
 
badninja3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,348
Send a message via AIM to badninja3
Default Re: oh great

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDCorolla
No, I don't think it will lower performance because the whole disk won't be fragmented as much because of the individual partitions. It's common knowledge that the more files you store on that huge drive, the slower it will be. Just keep that in mind. I got rid of 3/4 of my files on my HDD (backed them up) and holy smokes!!!! I'm speeding through everything!!! Did a defrag and boot time increased to 15 seconds right into Windows!!!! Talk about fast. I barely have anything on the drive now, just the OS and a few programs that I use. Got rid of my games too!!!
but would partitioning the hdd help seek times at all?
__________________

__________________
ATHLON64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz AM2. 2 x 512mb OCZ 800mhz ddr2 ram. EVGA 7600GT KO.

myspace.com/badninja3
badninja3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0