oh great

badninja3

Daemon Poster
okay, i feel like Xiggy now. lol. conroe seems very tempting. especially for the price and performance, which is all that really matters. but here's my dilema:

do i get am2 now(next week) or wait 50+ days for conroe?

TRDCorolla said:
I would wait for Core 2 Duo, aka Conroe. A few more months is nothing. Time goes by so fast.
but i have NO way of gaming right now. well, i do, but at like ~10fps.

AthlonXP 2100+ (1.7ghz), Socket A
2x 256mb pc2100 ram.
geForce2 32mb-shared, onboard.
5200rpm hdd @ ide/66mbps

Well if you really want to a system now, then you can settle for the AM2 system I guess. I would wait a bit longer though, if it was me. It's only games. How about just upgrading the video card to an FX5200? I used it before and it works fine. It's dirt cheap too and can be a temporary fix until you get a new build.

yeah. i was thinking about that. but i only have an agp4x slot. i guess its not too bad. but my hdd is still gonna screw with load times, which is my second concern. cuz 5 mins on the same loading screen is just too much(sims 2).

TRDCorolla said:
Have you tried going into the game setting to reduce the details, display, and resolution? That might help.
that helped sum with my fps. but that just means i wait 5 mins for things to look like crap. lol.

and i think i might be wrong about my fps in sims 2. they only really drop to ~10fps in rollercoastertycoon3. in the sims 2 it is acceptable(~15fps)

If you get that AM2 system, that will really boost your performance big time from what you have. If you must game, then go ahead with the build. If you have the patience, then I would wait for the new Intel CPU to come out. Yeah, even me, I would move from AMD to Intel just to get that new Core 2 Duo.

Back
Top Bottom