Oh crap... Is the CPU burnt??

Make sure you put the heatsink on properly also. Just clean all that crud off of there and start again. And make sure you monitor your cpu temps.

band-aid said:
I really don't like thermal pads for this reason. I had to re-seat my heatsink in the process of troubleshooting strange temperature readings. Turns out I needed to reflash the bios but thats another issue.

When I took the heatsink off the once smooth thermal pad had dried into something that had chewed its way straight out of hell. I removed ALL of it with a microfiber cloth and alcohol and replaced with some silver based thermal paste. I will never use a pad again.
My Generic heatsink had that pink thermal pad. All it did was choking my CPU with temps of 75-80C

Fixed it!, thankyou for your suggestions :), i used metho spirits, to rub it off, damn i hate those Intel heatsinks, they come with this cheap ass heat pad, and it's hard to secure ("tooless design").

I even managed to play Battlefield 2 woot!. Although again, am gonna say it again,

MICROSOFT, YOU SUCK OK?

Bah, i hate Windows, this is the story,
I installed Windows XP, with no problem, activated it. Then after, i started installing all the drivers , CD's etc etc. I restarted my com, and guess what.. it says something about Windows recognizing too much of a change rofl, sooo, it's want's to activate it again, so no problem, but this time it askes for the cd-key, i type the cd-key BUT IT TELLS ME I HAVE USED THE CD-KEY ONE TOO MANY TIMES, WTF!?!, SCREW YOU MAN, I USED IT ONCE, AND IT's CAUSE YOU ASKED ME TOO YOU LITTLE PRICK!. Yeah, i have 3 more days left for activation...

What should i do?

Looks like you'll have to use their toll free number to call them up to activate XP. It's easy and painless. I've done it many times myself. Just start up the activation process and select activate by phone when it gives you that option.

Atomic Rooster said:
Looks like you'll have to use their toll free number to call them up to activate XP. It's easy and painless. I've done it many times myself. Just start up the activation process and select activate by phone when it gives you that option.

Damn this is why i hate Microsoft >_>
I also had to contact Microsoft with the other installation of xp!.

I just wanna take this time to thank everyone who helped me out, and this very friendly and generous forum. Thanks! ;)

Is Linux any good?, does it support games?, is it like a ordinary OS like Windows XP?. It's free right?. I might use this till i get Vista

JikuzeN said:
I just wanna take this time to thank everyone who helped me out, and this very friendly and generous forum. Thanks! ;)

Oh yeah! I cannot forget borat_sagdiyev, he was a major help, helping me fix those damn cables and installing everything HALF WAY ACROSS THE GLOBE!, thanks so much mate!. borat_sagdiyev, your a champ! :)

yeah spent 4 hours on msn with him giving him pics of the parts and where they needed to be installed lol :p the cables too. he didnt know what the molex connector was....lol

Back
Top Bottom