Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-02-2006, 04:06 AM   #21
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67
Default Re: An official live benchmark of Conroe by Xtreme Systems

Well, I'm saying that it will beat the FX-60. Like it has in every other review.

JustinMcG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:08 AM   #22
Fully Optimized

Thats true, but im saying that the review sites dont see how high they can overclock it on water or phase or DICE. You already know that its going to beat the FX-60. I want to see memory latencies, memory bandwidth, overclocking potential and the works.

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 04:10 AM   #23
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to JustinMcG67 Send a message via MSN to JustinMcG67 Send a message via Yahoo to JustinMcG67

Yes, this will be somethign new to see form the Conroe. But if it's anything like an EE, then expect HUGE OCes from it.
Old 04-02-2006, 09:59 PM   #24
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
Thats true, but im saying that the review sites dont see how high they can overclock it on water or phase or DICE. You already know that its going to beat the FX-60. I want to see memory latencies, memory bandwidth, overclocking potential and the works.

What if it absolutely rapes the FX-60? Then what then? What can we assume will happen later? Will Intel win the performance crown for the next decade or will AMD surprise us?
RaistlinZ - "I think God woke up one day (probably around Noon. dude likes to sleep in) and said to himself, "OMFG, these dinosaurs are just kicking too much ass. The world is not ready for them yet." "
Quinton McLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #25
BSOD

It goes back and forth, kind of like ATI and NVIDIA. They alternate every so often with who has the best product out. Intel might win this time, but AMD will come back with something better down the road. But, if I could choose which company to be a CEO for, it'd be Intel, they make 10 times more then what AMD makes.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:11 AM   #26
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinton McLeod

What if it absolutely rapes the FX-60? Then what then? What can we assume will happen later? Will Intel win the performance crown for the next decade or will AMD surprise us?
From AMD's past, Im pretty sure they will pull something off that will put Intel back to the drawing board.

EDIT: FCG @ XS just received a second Conroe, and will getting a ASUS P5WDG-WS tomorrow with the 8 phase PWM. This should be the right motherboard to get for Conroe. Expect benchmarks soon. (hopefully)

ownage is offline   Reply With Quote