Reviews for the DDR3 supporting AM3s are starting to appear.
Five new Phenoms were released:
* AMD Phenom II X4 910 2.6GHz 8MB cache
* AMD Phenom II X4 810 2.6GHz 6MB cache <- "we'll be looking at a series 800 processor today (AMD Phenom II X4 810) and see if that reduced cache size will have a big effect on performance. This is a full-fetched quad core processor at a very aggressive introduction price of 175 USD. And just to make a statement, it's faster than the adored Q6600 processor from Intel."
* AMD Phenom II X4 805 2.5GHz 6MB cache
* AMD Phenom II X3 720 Black Edition 2.8GHz 7.5MB cache <- "a new triple-core AMD Phenom II X3 720, which (and I'll try not to spoil anything) is a huge winner when we look at performance versus value. As both processors are launched at pretty spectacular prices; especially when you notice how much performance they bring to the table. "
* AMD Phenom II X3 710 2.6GHz 7.5MB cache
The 720 and the 710 are the ones to look out for IMO, they are great performance to price wise and Guru3D agree.
All of them have both DDR2 and DDR3 memory controllers so you can run them in AM2/AM2+ boards. They all have a 95W TDP.
They test them on a DDR2 board though which is bit annoying.