OEM Vista..

ionscorp

Baseband Member
So I purchased vista for my rig, decided to get the OEM, since it was considerably cheaper..

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 110$
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116488

So From what somebody told me, OEM = 1 time install, how should I safely install this thing so I don't waste it with my new pc... A nightmare would be setting up the pc, installing vista, then out of the blue hard drive implodes or something.. I just don't want to screw anything up..

The point here is installing on one pc. If that pc blows up, you'll be able to re-install again on a new pc. You'll end up calling into Microsoft when your activation fails via internet, you'll find instructions on how to phone in. Odds are you'll get automated service, you'll give them a bunch of numbers, they'll ask you, "how many pc's is this installation of Vista on" ... you'll answer, "One" and it will provide you with an activation code and voila you'll be good to go.

OEM means you can only use that particular key on 1 computer only. If your computer craps out, you can reinstall the OS on that computer.

o thank god, I thought it was a one time install and it's a dead key after the first install..

ya oh make sure you only install with one stick of ram
then get all the updates and install the rest of your ram

because other wise your o/s gets all messed up idk why
trust me just do it

Phooey....install all your ram for all you'll be doing is wasting time. I just built a computer with 4GB of ram and Vista Premium 64 also, it didn't mess anything up. The only time I would put 1 stick of ram in the computer is if you had some bad memory.

phony?
google it
it was a big problem
my entire install was currpoted the first time i did it
with 2x2G sticks
used one stick d/l all the updates and it was fine

honestly, it would take 2 extra minutes to just put in the other stick after install.. Better safe then sorry, so I will use the advice.. Thanks heh..

Back
Top Bottom