Oem

Baku

Baseband Member
what does this mean for me?

Since Im doing more homework on the ibuypower.com's products. Most of them are OEM. so they model numbers are different in cases of RAM, mobo, etc. Is this something to be concerned about?

OEM vs. NON OEM. what do they both mean to me?? lol this is confusing to me, and maybe I sound confusing. X_x

OEM means it comes without the packaging and manuals, and usually without any supplied extras as well (so it won't come with any cables, cds, retail packaging, in the case of cpus it won't come with a heatsink or fan.)

You can save money by going down this route with things if you don't want the manuals, cds or don't need anything that comes with them, and this is fine in most cases since you can download drivers online and the manuals are usually troubleshooting guides telling you to plug the thing in if it don't work.

If you don't need the extra bits (and in some case just the fancy packaging) go with the OEM and save yourself a few quid. No difference in functionality of the actual product :)

ok, so since some of the model numbers of ibuypower.com's actual products. Its still good?

Things I cant find are-
Corsair memory - cm3x2g1333c9d6
EVGA mobo 132-BL-1758-BR

rest comes up good such as xigmatek darknight heatsink, LG optical drive GH22LP20, hitachi 1 TB hard drive, Corsair CMPSU-850TX Power Supply, video card(which is the evga version of the gtx 285 :) )

Ive been trying to see how much newegg would save me. I will post my findings soon enough. X_X

Unless you've already got all the cables that usually come with a motherboard to hand, I find it's usually worth getting the retail package - it's a bit more but it includes the cables you need and the manual - despite me saying they're usually useless earlier, on motherboards you do often need them for determining how to hook up your case connectors and suchlike. They sometimes also explain some weirdly named terms in the BIOS, so yup they are generally useful in this situation.

Similarly with CPUs I'd recommend going retail unless you're definitely planning on getting an aftermarket heatsink and fan anyway (in which case OEM would be the better choice.)

Hard drives, DVD-RW drives, power supplies, heatsinks, graphics cards - you're really not missing much if anything by going with the OEM version of those. Perhaps a few cables with some of the higher end graphics cards, but that'd be it.

Corsair memory is very good. It's both fast and reliable. I've used their products in many builds. They are of excellent quality and are backed up by a great warranty and customer service.

You really can't go wrong with either choice.

if only there werent soooo many different variations :p

this is newegg version:
https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=14309988

this is buypower persion:
Gamer Paladin F970
Case ( CoolerMaster HAF 922 Mid Tower Gaming Case - Black )
Processor ( Intel® Core™ i7 920 Processor (4x 2.66GHz/8MB L3 Cache) )
Motherboard ( EVGA X58 SLI Intel X58 Chipset CrossFire and SLI Supported w/7.1 Sound, Triple-Channel DDR3, Gb LAN, S-ATA Raid, USB 2.0, 3-Way SLI PCI-E MB - 3-Way SLI )
Memory ( 6 GB [2 GB X3] DDR3-1333 Triple Memory Module - Corsair XMS3 Dominator w/DHX technology )
Video Card ( NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 PCI-Express x16 - 2GB - Single Card )
Case Lighting ( Cold Cathode Neon Light - Blue )
Power Supply ( 850 Watt -- Corsair CMPSU-850TX Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready )
Processor Cooling ( XIGMATEK Dark Knight 120mm CPU Cooling Fan System - H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology )
Video Card Brand ( Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA )
Hard Drive ( 1 TB HARD DRIVE - [Serial-ATA-II, 3Gb, 7200 RPM, 16M Cache] )
2nd Hard Drive ( None )
Optical Drive ( None )
2nd Optical Drive ( [** Special !!! ***] LG 22X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black )
External Hard Drives [USB 2.0/eSATA] ( None )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Speaker System ( iBUYPOWER 2.1 Channel Stereo Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
Network Card ( Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100) )
Floppy Drive ( None )
Monitor ( None )
Keyboard ( iBUYPOWER USB Keyboard with 18 Internet Hot /Multimedia Keys - Black )
Mouse ( iBUYPOWER 1600 dpi High Sensitivity Internet Mouse - Black )
Operating System ( Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium + [Free 60-Day !!!] Microsoft Office 2007(Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access ....) - 64-Bit )
Warranty ( Standard Warranty Service - Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty + Lifetime Technical Support )
Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )
Advanced Build Options ( iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation! )
Advanced Build Options ( Tuniq TX-2 High Performance Thermal Compound - The best interface between your CPU and the heatsinks )
Advanced Build Options ( Professional wiring for all cables inside the system tower - Achieve exceptional airflow in your chassis )
USB 2.0 Accessories ( Built-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Video Camera ( None )
Power Protection ( None )
Headset ( None )
Meter Display ( Thermal Temperature LCD Display - Black )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black )
Software/Game ( [Free Game] - Halo 2 - Free with purchase of Microsoft Windows Vista operating system )
Software/Game ( [Free Game] - H.A.W.X - Free with purchase of Intel Core i7 )
MP3/MP4 Player ( None )
USB Flash Drive ( None )
2nd Monitor ( None )
Windows 7 Upgrade Coupon ( [*** Free Upgrade Coupon ***] Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Edition - $29 -$29(mail-in-rebate) = $0 )
Sub Total: $1,860.00

I dont care much for the price difference. I just want a reliable computer... :/

Back
Top Bottom