Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Odd problem with wireless internet

I bought a Rosewill Wireless G PCI card about 4 months ago and installed it in my old computer. It worked pretty well, maybe dropping the connection once every few days. I just put together a new computer and installed the card and loaded the drivers from the included cd (just like before). Now i seem to get crazy slow connection and it drops ever minute or so. Its quite annoying.

I am wondering what could possible have changed between the computers. I know that the wireless router is a ways away but it should work just as well as it did in the last computer.

One last odd thing. It i reach behind the computer and move the antenna a little bit, the connection seems to be very good for about a minute or two, then it goes back to its dilapidated state.

syvmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Odd problem with wireless internet

Hm, might be a disturbance between you and your modem or router, whatever you have. Is someone on their laptop or something between you?
Lol, I know you probably are, but make sure you are on the right network I've had someone connected to the neighbors without knowing it.. thus being a low signal strength.
Captain Pooka is offline   Reply With Quote