Odd Issues, Need Help! CPU Pins bent! How Do I Fix!

Just be happy you didn't bend the pins on a socket 775 board. The pins are on a LGA (Land Grid Array) and are not on the CPU, but in the socket. They are hard to bend back because they are already angled at the base, lol. Thank God that P35 was already going back for an RMA on a different confirmed issue.

It really sounds like the Southbridge was at fault. I'd file in for a RMA.

Just be happy you didn't bend the pins on a socket 775 board. The pins are on a LGA (Land Grid Array) and are not on the CPU, but in the socket. They are hard to bend back because they are already angled at the base, lol. Thank God that P35 was already going back for an RMA on a different confirmed issue.

It really sounds like the Southbridge was at fault. I'd file in for a RMA.

Just did, thanks dude ^^

For future reference a paperclip works PERFECTLY on AMD chips for bent pins... :D

It fits between them PERFECTLY and all you do is slide it in and lift it str8 up :D

I tried a paperclip, right before the knife. It sorta worked I guess, but I still found the knife easier since it was just a wee-bit smaller.

I don't know who tested the RAM, but if he said to try to download without RAM, then your PC won't post :p

When it gets back, try Memtest86+:
http://www.memtest.org/

However, it could be possible that it could be the RAM bank that could have been bad on the motherboard, having to return it.

I don't know who tested the RAM, but if he said to try to download without RAM, then your PC won't post :p

When it gets back, try Memtest86+:
http://www.memtest.org/

However, it could be possible that it could be the RAM bank that could have been bad on the motherboard, having to return it.

Okay, i'll download that link when the motherboard gets back, thanks man :)

What? The system wont boot without any memory in it.

If you ever bought a CPU from a store before with a list of specs, there is an L1 and L2 Chache on the cpu, they hold about 256Kb - 2Mb of ram, the REALLY fast stuff, his has around 512Kb, but 7 will 100% assured crash below 44mb of ANY ram.

If you ever bought a CPU from a store before with a list of specs, there is an L1 and L2 Chache on the cpu, they hold about 256Kb - 2Mb of ram, the REALLY fast stuff, his has around 512Kb, but 7 will 100% assured crash below 44mb of ANY ram.

tardsmiley.jpg

Yes, it deserves to be this big :p
I don't get it...link the bridges here :confused:

Anyways, we're talking about RAM, not L2 cache here...
I also don't get the Windows 7 thing crashing at 44MB.

Get this did the same thing, only everything was fine on mine. was just "curious" so took out my cpu, and when I pushed it back onto the mobo i didn't press hard enough (being delicate with it) i tried to lock it onto the board, ended up bending down 10 or 11 pins. slowly tryed to straighten them and they just fell off. not even cracked. i'de say 2 or 3 pins fell off. put it back onto my mobo, booted up fine. It was all luck. it's also a socket 939 AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500+ 2200 Mhz 1 Core... yeah im running old school.

Back
Top Bottom