odd happenings( this is a long one)

convergecult

In Runtime
alright so ive been trying to troubleshoot my pc for a bit now and weird things keep happening. i first started having problems when i overclocked my cpu and did a restart cause i did it a bit too much and i got no video or anything, thought it was my powersupply so i bought a new one and still nothing. thought it was my video card, had it tested and it works, found out it was my ram that needed re set so i got it up and running again. decided to upgrade to a solid state drive, did that installed a fresh copy of win7, thought it was going great and then my onboard ethernet stopped showing up. reinstalled the drivers nothing, reinstalled windows then the dirvers and nothing, so bought a pci ether net adapter and got it working. good for a couple days then i start getting blue screens while playing WOW about 10 min of playing then bam restart, still have not figured that one out after multiple reinstals and even updating video card drivers. now today im on line and have music playing and randomly my ethernet adapter stops being recognised and then my music stops and it says that i unplugged my speakers(when i didnt) restarted the computer and it was fine. so my question is do you thing this might be my motherboard acting up? or my install of windows? im really getting tired of replacing random parts to try and figure it out so any input would help....

Sounds like your northbridge is burning out or a buggy bios. Could you post your bsod message? (Use windows event viewer.)

im not really sure what im looking at on the even manager, adn i no longer have wow installed and im only getting the blue screen while playing it...i am getting alot of
"Application 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.1\Setup\Setup.exe' (pid 4348) cannot be restarted - Application SID does not match Conductor SID"

as well as things like this"

Failed to merge manifest file: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.xml with exception: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\Fuel.xml'.
Error Called by: ATI.ACE.CLI.Foundation.XManifestation::ReadManifest processID:02772 threadID:( ) domainName:(CCC.exe ) assemblyName:(CLI.Foundation.XManifest, Version=3.5.4126.38240, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)

The critical ones Im getting say unexpected loss of power causing shut down as a kernel error. I'm at work at the moment so I don't have access to the exact message. But it's a brand new 750w power supply

ive got my printer and monitors on a strip with my desktop so i might be overloading the circuit ill switch things around and see if it helps

alright was just playing music today and surfing the web and i got this one,

"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b (0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff96000095135, 0xfffff88009c53df0, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 060611-11934-01.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-06-06T15:09:27.509207000Z

EventRecordID 11214

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer TheBigDirty-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 59
BugcheckParameter1 0xc0000005
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff96000095135
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff88009c53df0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Sounds like a driver problem.
Go to the manufactures website for the part and update these.
chipset
sound
video
and fully update everything via windows update.

this is off subject and im perfectly fine if you dont respond but im trying to learn about this stuff, so how did you know it was a driver error? is their a certain code in that line that indicates that? or is it just to complex to explain. like i said no problem if u dont respond brokenatari, i dont want to take this topic away from trying to solve this guys problem. anyway think of this as a bump.

this is off subject and im perfectly fine if you dont respond but im trying to learn about this stuff, so how did you know it was a driver error? is their a certain code in that line that indicates that? or is it just to complex to explain. like i said no problem if u dont respond brokenatari, i dont want to take this topic away from trying to solve this guys problem. anyway think of this as a bump.

Almost everytime I've seen "Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" on a clients pc it was solved when I updated all the drivers. "Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" is a vauge error. Process ID 4 also means its a low level problem like a driver error.

Back
Top Bottom