odd dell mem thing?

convergecult

In Runtime
ok so on a previous post i was wanting to know if it was worth it to upgrade my ram in my dell 1520 form 2 to 3 gigs of ram. well i just recently took the memory plate of the bottom of the laptop and two my surprise there is only one stick of ram that says 1 gig and no extra ram slot.but plugged into the ram area is some round blue thing that looks like a battery. now when i look at my system specs on my pc is shows 2046 ram how is this possible and is dell ripping people off?

Maby they are saying you could get one stick that has 3gigs + the one gig on the mobo?

Not many things have integrated ram on them. I think some smart phones do (just a guess) but i do know that the PS3 has integrated ram on the Mobo

i have never heard of integrated ram on a laptop and i know they make 2 gig sticks that is what im wanting to put in it but i have never seen a 3 gig stick

Yeah never heard of integrated RAM, how about you call them up, cause if they made a mistake, they can give 1GB without charging you.

well what im confused about is in my bios it shows i have 2 gigs of ram but i clearly only have one stick of ram and it says 1 gig on it

Back
Top Bottom