Oct-Core?

Now, in a way.
Look up the SkullTrail motherboard. It allows 2 Quad core CPU's to be placed on the same motherboard.

ye sounds really good, havin' 8 cores...serious power, can it be purchased?

I think there will be a hexa-core released using the Nehalem architecture, probably in 09.

jus lookin at the skull trail board and its not ridiculously out of budget,

"It can be yours for the trivial sum of $650 - inflated by the use of FB-DIMM server memory - but you will have to spend another $1500 apiece for two quad-cores 3.2GHz Core 2 Extreme QX9775 processors and $400 each for two top-line graphic cards"

not thats roughlt £325 for the board, £320 for 2 Q6600's £200 for 8 Gb 800 Mhz RAM and myself im not a gamer so thats £900 or lets say £1200 for everything else included. now £1200 for an octo-core 8Gb RAM machine is not bad at all,

Edit: jus realised u need diff RAM will up the price quiet a bit

There is really no point though ATM, software just can't take advantage of all that power. (apart from a few app I suppose)
@ ssc, Q6600s don't work on a skulltrail platform, because for a start the mobo is skt771 you need Core 2 Extreme Q9775s.

Last year at an intel Retailedge presentation Intel said we should know a release date for oct core by feb of this year. Obviously that didn't happen but we at least know they are working on it.

Back
Top Bottom