OC'n CPU

I set my FSB to 1200 and that made it 3.00GHz, used to be 1033. Anyhow it's passing on Prime95 with flying colors. My cpu max temp can get up to 64c and sometimes 66c, never gone passed 66c. I know that's a little high, but is that okay for now? I'm goin to upgrade my case soon for this computer and going to upgrade to a Zalaman 9700. Is it okay to have those temps for a little while you think? When I play games it never goes above 62c, intel reccommends 61c.

O my bad I was thinking a E6750 not the E6700. How long did you run Prime for and did you run 2 instances to load both cpu's?

66C is almost to hot for most tastes. Granted gaming should never get that high though. But if your getting 62C in a game then you may want to tune that back until you get a new cooler.

62 under full load isnt that bad he should be fine i keep mine at 50 or down but
62 is fine

the max temp on Intel's site is 65c they can go hotter but the cores will slowly burn out. there is no reason to have a OC burn out yoru CPU.

did you have to lower the memory settings though to increase the FSB?

I set it to manual for both so I didn't have to touch the memory, it kept it at 800mhz, although I'm thinking about trying 850mhz

True Folder- I use Speedfan and Everest Ultimate, both seem to be acurate. I don't like asus probe.

O my bad I was thinking a E6750 not the E6700. How long did you run Prime for and did you run 2 instances to load both cpu's?

66C is almost to hot for most tastes. Granted gaming should never get that high though. But if your getting 62C in a game then you may want to tune that back until you get a new cooler.

I ran prime95 for 3 hrs, I stopped it because I had to leave for the day. Yes it passed on both logs without any errors. Seems to be working very well, I'm happy with it. I notice a little difference in load speeds especially when the computer turns on, it flys through all my start up programs quite quicker. :) Also brought my vista score for my cpu from 5.5 to 5.8 although that point system is dumb lol

Back
Top Bottom