OCing my RAM

CGfreak102

In Runtime
is there any point in doing so, and how safe is it.

as you see below i have DDR2 667, and i can change the clock speed, what it says so instead of DDR2 667. i have options of 800, 1066, 1333, 1600. is that called overclocking my RAM. im un certian and the person i talked to last night about it, i woke up when i called him, so what can i do

You might as well say it, you woke me up. The ram you have, no it's not safe. It doesn't have any good way to take care of heat. that and the lack of voltage changing will limit you.

Not sure how changing the actual speed like that would work though...

Hmm... I'm not exactly sure how that works. I guess it just sets the RAM divider lower so you get higher speeds.

I have 800 (the highest option for my board) but I can overclock it by just raising the FSB. It will speed up but be careful because I believe that's a large cause of my stability issues, I have to keep it around stock speeds. If it's 667 it probably won't react well to being put at 1600 MHz :p
So be careful and think with your head. You may just want to set your divider so you have a small OC first.

yes dan, i woke you up. but im just thinking, and if i get a C2D for downstairs i would take the RAM out of this and by some good stuff, because i just realized how bad that system is down stairs. P4 2.53(i think) 1.5GB of RAM(DDR400), NVIDIA GeForce 6200 oced, yea not that good(but decent for games, just not surfing and playing games.

but dont worry im working on getting some more cooling, and i mite just do it with like 1 stick, so if it does not work, its only another 18 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom