OC'ing Basics

joker_king16

Baseband Member
Never built a computer until 2 weeks ago , let alone done anything advanced with it. First tell me if I should over clock any of my components with this setup:

MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4
AMD 64 3000+ Venice Core
eVGA Geforce 6800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3
OCZ Value Series 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel

CPU Temp: 40 degrees

I cant think of any more relevant info. but I'm sure you guys will ask me if I've left something out.

Second, if I should overclock...can someone give me a detailed explanation of how to do it? I know this probably seems noobish to many of you, but I've never done it before and don't want to cause any damage.

Thanks in advance!

40 degrees seem a little high for that core. It's not bad or anything like that, but most of us running Athlon 64s are in the 30's and even in the mid to high 20 degree range.

I don't think that u need to overclock it. When it's not enough powerfull to do what u want to do with it then overclock. But if u want to then go to the bios and change the cpu stuff from there. I think that u can oc ram in bios too. And for vid card download coolbits.

So if I wanted to OC, which of the following would I need to upgrade:

PSU
Cooling System
Memory (not capacity but speed)
MoBoard (dont really think so)

joker_king16 said:
So if I wanted to OC, which of the following would I need to upgrade:

PSU
Cooling System
Memory (not capacity but speed)
MoBoard (dont really think so)

Actually nothing, though better cooling would help. And PSU in rare cases, but I gues the power usage isn't going to be that much higher after u have oc'd.

Back
Top Bottom