Ocing

Overclocking. Its where you make your computer run at a faster rate. I OCed my graphics card to make it work faster. But OCing too much can be dangerous for your computer.

Going to the BIOS and modifying your CPU FSB, or having your Nvidia Oced by the program itself

Here are some OCing utilities:

CPU OCing:

nVidia forceware-Overclocking utility for nforce2/3 based motherboards.

cpucool- Program that overclocks your FSB based on your PLL information.

Graphics Cards OCing:

for Nvidia cards-coolbits, nvhardpage
for Ati cards- radlinker and rage3d
for both- powerstrip and rivatuner

hope this helps.

to overclock your processor you need to go to the BIOS and modify the FSB settings and multiplier settings. Some motherboards like my asus have an "easy overclocking" feature, where you just change the mhz setting higher and it changes the rest automatically. However...if you are going to overclock and you have cheap or value memory, you really won't be able to overclock enough to show a difference, and if you overclock too much, your system will become unstable. I found this out with my Infineon memory, I overclocked from 1917mhz to 2300 mhz (Athlon XP 2600) and my system was extremely unstable due to the cheaper brand of memory.

STeven159159 said:
how do u do tht

Just after you have pushed the power button on computer and it begins to start up press delete on the keyboard and your BIOS menu should open.

Distortion88 said:
Just after you have pushed the power button on computer and it begins to start up press delete on the keyboard and your BIOS menu should open.

It also could be another key. At the point where is shows u what cpu u have etc. there reads "press (whatever key) to enter BIOS"

Back
Top Bottom