OC Question

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Is there a way to OC my FSB without OCing my Ram Speed?
because everytime i do that one ratio thing, its always goes lower than 800mhz, and when i OC it goes over 800mhz.
I just want my ram to be at the speed of 800mhz, and be able to OC my CPU clocks higher.
Thanks in Advance

There should be a setting for RAM multiplier. Just lower it and keep overclocking the CPU!

If you want your ram to be exactly at 800mhz then you just need to raise the fsb to a certain point, from which you can use the multiplier to set it to 800mhz.

But why do you want your ram to be 800mhz? It's not going to hurt if it's 850mhz and if it's 750mhz you still won't notice a decrease in performance. Mess around with the multiplier and you will definitely get your ram to be within those limits.

i was thinking of getting an aftermarket HSF and some AS5 to put on my CPU and OC it to higher, but i dont want my ram to like go at a high speed where i might get hot and make my computer go slow by a bit.

i was thinking of getting an aftermarket HSF and some AS5 to put on my CPU and OC it to higher, but i dont want my ram to like go at a high speed where i might get hot and make my computer go slow by a bit.

Hot RAM won't make your computer go slower....it will go faster :D

Anyhow if your RAM is running any faster than your FSB, you won't get any performance increase, as your FSB will bottleneck it. You always want a 1:1 ratio with your FSB. Remember, RAM does two clock cycles, so a 1:1 ratio would be say...your FSB running @ 333mhz, and your RAM at DDR2 666

You won't get your FSB past 450, and even if you do, 500 pretty much marks the limit. So the fastest that you could run your RAM in a 1:1 ratio would be about DDR2 1000, however, it will more likely be around DDR2 800-900, which your RAM should easily survive.

Back
Top Bottom