OC GPU Voltage - Screen Flickering?

Radeon Wattman only works with higher end series AMD cards, doesn't it? That's what I read on their website.

However, if that is the case, I do find it strange when my computer DOES crash because of GPU related overclocking, a message will pop up saying 'Radeon Wattman settings have been reset' .. or something to that effect?

GPU synchronisation has always been on when I've tried the overclocking.

I'll be trying at some point today to do what I'd suggested and see how I go!

I'm not familiar with the software you're using, I swear by Afterburner for stable, reliable overclocking.

When you say voltage control isn't working, have you enabled voltage control in settings? :p

I've never heard of that being an issue with MSI AB.

I'm also staggered by your clockspeeds there, I've three different R9 270Xs (Sapphire, MSI and XFX) and they all we unstable above 1275MHz on the core.

I'm not familiar with the software you're using, I swear by Afterburner for stable, reliable overclocking.

When you say voltage control isn't working, have you enabled voltage control in settings? :p

I've never heard of that being an issue with MSI AB.

I'm also staggered by your clockspeeds there, I've three different R9 270Xs (Sapphire, MSI and XFX) and they all we unstable above 1275MHz on the core.

I had enabled it yes!

My core is at 1120 though? Unless I'm being silly and missing what you mean!

Also, do you use afterburner for the 270Xs? In which case, if I've enable the voltage control, why else can't I use it?

I had enabled it yes!

Also, do you use afterburner for the 270Xs? In which case, if I've enable the voltage control, why else can't I use it?

Ohhhh I know who you are now. I didn't realize earlier. Didn't you have a pair of 290Xs?

I had enabled it yes!

Sorry I had Nvidia on my mind there, I thought you meant 1120/1500 as a base/boost clock but then i realised you're talking memory :lol:

If you've unlocked voltage control on Afterburner it's really weird it doesn't let you move the voltage slider.

You could try using Asus GPU Tweak II, that also has voltage control - don't worry I don't think you actually need Asus GPUs to use their software, it works with any card that ASUS make a variant of (i think!). worth a try though?

Might also be worth screenshotting what you're seeing on the afterburner window and on the first settings page so I can see what options you're running with

Sorry I had Nvidia on my mind there, I thought you meant 1120/1500 as a base/boost clock but then i realised you're talking memory :lol:

If you've unlocked voltage control on Afterburner it's really weird it doesn't let you move the voltage slider.

You could try using Asus GPU Tweak II, that also has voltage control - don't worry I don't think you actually need Asus GPUs to use their software, it works with any card that ASUS make a variant of (i think!). worth a try though?

Might also be worth screenshotting what you're seeing on the afterburner window and on the first settings page so I can see what options you're running with

Now attached! I've also tried it with every other option other than 'Standard MSI'

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 4
Not even sure what the 'modes' do to be honest, I've always just used standard MSI for all the years ive used the app.

Have you tried removing all video drivers and reinstalling whatever the latest crimson driver is from AMD?

Hey guys..

So I watched the video and it is useful. However, I can't seem to get access to the voltage control on MSI AB or Sapphire TRIXX... so is it locked in some way?

HOWEVER.. I AM able to get the control using the oldest version of Trixx (which is referenced by my original post)

As you can see attached going on the website there are 3 versions for download.. and it's the V4.9.1 that allows it... but the others do not???

Any ideas why this is?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom