O/C related help...

[w00t!]gAme*

Baseband Member
ok Well ive posted before with my comp and how its so slow and stuff and i think that my mom overclocked it before she gave it to me but im not sure about that so i was in the bios yesterday and yea my cpu temperature was 86degrees CELSIUS. so i got scared and just shut the machine off and thought it was gonna blow. But before i shut it off i was looking through the bios and i got to a page where it showed my cpu speed and under that it said FSB speed but it wouldnt let me change it my FSB was at 800mhz does that mean that my comp is overclocked by 800mhz?? and if soo how to make it adjustable so i can change it back to regular?

no that 800 is the FSB, and I think that FSB x multiplier = clock speed.
And if u can't change the fsb then the bios is locked. So it's impossible to oc unless u flash the bios.
So I highly doubt that it has been oc'd.
But just to make sure, look at the current clock speed. (right click on my computer and choose properties. (the one on the bottom, not sure if it's called properties) And then check the default clock speed (from newegg.com or some other place).

I'll tell you something: I tried to downclock my CPU from 800FSB to like the high 400s, and the CPU wasn't working. So, the FSB isnèt a OC issue...

I'd check the fan badly

Don't CPU's have a safety mechanism where they slow down whrn they get too hot? Maybe that's the reason.

What kind of PC do you have???

Most CPU's have 200FSB.

Are you sure that's not the HyperTRansport bus speed?

Kuberr said:
What kind of PC do you have???

Most CPU's have 200FSB.

Are you sure that's not the HyperTRansport bus speed?
r u serious? i mean really, its a question, im not trying to hate or anything. i thought most fsb's are like 1000mhz. or at least 800mhz. or maybe we're thinking of different things.

My bad, FSB is indeed 1GhZ or 800MhZ.

I was thinking of whatever that you use with the multiplier to get your CPU speed. I was reading off of what the guy said above me about FSB and multipliers.

my pc:

420 watt psu
Asus P5AD2 Mobo
Intel pentium 4 3.00ghz(dual)

ok for my comp to get into the bios i gotta hit delete on the first screen which takes me to some otha screen and i gotta hit f8 now on that screen 3/4 down the page it'll say "overclocking failed please go into setup to reconfigure your sistem" so it has been oc'ed and i just wanna get it back to normal........!#@

I still don't think it's oc'd!
Since the bios is locked it can't be oc'd, and if someone would have flashed the bios to oc it then why did he/she flash the old bios back?
And dell doesn't oc their computers.

Most likely just there is something from in the bios, either get a new bios or then try resetting the bios by taking the cmos (the little battery on the mobo) out.

86 celsius???? ok u need some better cooling badly do u have some fans sucking air in and sucking air out of the case? im assuming you're using the stock cooler on the cpu so i suggest u get a zalman fan cause thats way to hot even for a P4

Back
Top Bottom