o/c question

golfer07

In Runtime
ok i just found out that all i had to do is raise my cpu frequency to over clock my proc. is that true ? cuz its at a freq. of 240 and my clock speed is now 2400 ? plz help lol

cpu frequency = cpu clock speed.
That 240 is most likely the FSB. What is the multiplier? Multiplier x FSB= clock speed.

it says 10 what is that 10 tho lol ?? also it was running dumb when it was just 2400 so i made my voltage from 1.5 to 1.6 and i see a good diff. is that cuz the proc. was trying to run high with not enough juice ??

The 10 is the Multiplier so you take 240 x 10 = 2400 which means your CPU is now running at 2.4Ghz. And yes when you OC your CPU it does require more voltage. My motherbored automaticaly changes the voltage depending on how much i OC the CPU.

You can also take a different Multiplier and times it uselly by 4 to get the FSB (front side bus) 240 x 4 = 960Mhz

(i dont know if on the AMDs you have a different number Multiplier for the FSB

It doesn't really matter. Just don't go too high with it. Test it, and see what the minimum voltage is that you can run stable at. That would be your ideal voltage.

Keep an eye on temperatures though!

i havent seen it at 50 yet its liek 45-46 i just went from .025 to .05 more voltage so its still about that same at idel tho

well i see that i can chagne the multiplier should i and what will it do if i do change it ???????

Back
Top Bottom