Nvidia's new video cards are at the doors.

Smart_Guy

Fully Optimized
Okay, time to practice my English.

Is it gonna be GTX 11 series, GTX 20 seires... ?

News say it's gonna be RTX 20 series. That's and R, not a G.

They say the RTX 2080's release is scheduled for 30/08/2018, and it seems to be confirmed.

Source:

https://www.pcgamer.com/rtx-2080-release-date/

On related news:

Microsoft is developing (or has already developed) a new DirectX instruction called Ray-Tracing that these new cards seem to be the first to support. This (my speculations) could be a hand in either keeping or dropping older card's prices depending on their capability to support it. This is similar to DirectX 12 and Vulkan API support that the former turned out to be supported even by GTX 4 series which increased the value of my GTX 480 for me, and my rather old GTX 680 supporting both that allowed me to run DirectX 12 exclusive titles like Gears of War 4 and having a performance jump in games like Doom (with Vulkan) without having to spend extra money in a time cryptocurrency mining increased video cards prices.

What do you think?

I have absolutely no idea. All I'm concerned about is that it could be something only new cards support.

If I'm to make a guess, it's a either a technique that casts lightening to give more realistic visuals or a one that speeds up current lightening techniques computing to give better performance.

There are only two techniques for shadows: Ray Tracing and Radiosity. I think that Ray Tracing is used by everything nowadays. The difference is probably that there is some new circuitry that accelerates the process. Shadows (Ray tracing) should still be possible to emulate using software.

Back
Top Bottom