Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-19-2006, 04:44 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Angry nVidia updates

I have a GeForce 6500, yes it does exist. Even though you won't find it on the nVidia website. Anyways, I have tried to update this "red-headed step child" and I keep getting this message saying "The NVIDIA Setup Program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware".

I have contacted nVidia by e-mail many times and they responded each one. But none of them helped. I appreciate there help but nothing has seemed to work with me. Those of you that are familar with nVidia will know what I'm talking about and this thread is directed towards you. The only update that I can download is 81.98. One of the guys at EVGA told me to double-click on my nVidia drivers on add/remove programs but I can't because it won't do anything.

Also, he said there was a nVidia Display Driver. Well I don't have it, the only one that I have is the EVGA Display Driver which recently just disappeared on me. I tried to re-install it but when I restart my computer I can't find it.

Heres a picture of what I mean by how I can't click on nVidia Driver.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/Ronco_Rox/r.jpg

Sorry in advanced if the picture got resized by photobucket but the nVidia Drivers is the last one of the four programs.

Any responses would be much appreciated, I have spent more time in this problem then I would of liked to.

Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: nVidia updates

Well if nVIDIA can't acknowlege the existence of your graphics card (I've never heard of the 6500 either...strange) then they probably won't have support for it. How did you get your video card?

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

I bought it at Circuit City. Yeah I know, crappy store but its all i got. I should of bought it online.
Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990

I think I know which card it is, is it blue?

Please reduce sig. size to 5 lines or less.
joxley1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:53 PM   #5
Wizard of Wires

There should be an uninstaller in the folder the driver is in.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

Wow never heard of the 6500 weird.....
//Antec 902 V3 Case, Intel i7-2600K (@4.5GHz 1.280V watercooled w/ Antec H2O Kuhler 920), 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, ASUS P8P67 PRO B3, MSI 3GB N580 GTX Lightning Xtreme (@850MHz/2100MHz), 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3, Corsair HX850W Pro Series//
//XPS 410 C2D E6400 @ 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR2 667MHz, 250GB HD, eVGA 320mb 8800GTS(605/1900MHz)//
//AMD Athlon XP +2000, Socket A MSI-6390, 768 mb of PC 2100 RAM, AGP ATI RADEON 9600SE//

I <3 TrancE
NeXuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:21 PM   #7
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock
There should be an uninstaller in the folder the driver is in.
Incorrect ...... nVidia drivers are removed via Add/Remove in the control panel
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeXuS
Wow never heard of the 6500 weird.....
Inno and Sparkle make them amongst others. Google GeForce 6500

@ OP, the latest release on the nVidia site, the 84.21, Win 2000/XP 32bit WHQL supports your card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronco Rox
......Heres a picture of what I mean by how I can't click on nVidia Driver.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h73/Ronco_Rox/r.jpg.......
From that screen shot I presume you have an nForce m/board, those nVidia drivers in your pic will be chipset drivers.
D/load the 84.21, (you should really reboot and use driver cleaner pro in safe mode to remove leftover code, there are 5 instances usually, but as you have an nForce board it will remove the chipset drivers as well so unless you are prepared to reinstall those I wouldn't bother), navigate to the new 84.21 driver and run the setup .exe. It is a self extracting file and will run, install the driver and ask you to reboot, no user input is required after the install commences. All should be good after that

EDIT: Are you running 64bit XP? if so make sure you get the 64bit driver, not the 32bit driver when you d/load new drivers.
A really handy resource in situations like this is Guru3D d/loads (note the 32bit and 64bit sections in nVidia drivers) and also their forums, where you can find a wealth of information on video card drivers and all things display related, it has an ATi section as well for those who live life on the red side

Deathstar is offline   Reply With Quote