Nvidia overclock setting

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
I don't know if you all know this but Nvidia comes with overclocking tools in its latest drivers.

Download the new drivers and start your Windows registry editor. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/NVIDIA Corporation/NVTweak.

Then right click the right pane of the editor and choose to add a new DWord called coolbits. Edit that entry and give it a Hex value of 3 then close your registry editor.

That's it. Then just go into the Nvidia display properties and click on the Nvidia tab and you'll see the new "Clock Frequency Settings". I had no idea this even existed or if you guys know or not. It's fun though.

I have my core clock set to 570 MHz and memory clock to 1.14 GHz, well actually I had the utility detect the optimal performance which was those numbers you see here. That's a measly 70MHz over stock frequency, but I'll test it to see how it runs. So far, so good.

Ok, after overclocking I notice the temp has gone down. I played NFSU2 on full setting and core temp is 53 degrees. Huge difference compared to 80 degrees from before.

Back
Top Bottom