Nvidia GoForce?!?

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Haha, did you guys hear about this? It's kind of funny. Nvidia has mobile GPU chipsets and regular desktop PC GPU chipsets, but now apparently, they are going to cell phones!!!! Man, what will they think of next? Cell phones are getting more and more robust with tons of features including games, TV, internet surfing, pictures, etc. Nvidia promise support for “fluid digital TV” and “console-class 3D gaming”. The chip, compatible with DVB-H, ISDB-T and DMB networks, is able to playback H.264, WMV9 and MPEG4 in real time at native DVD resolutions. It also provides high fidelity surround sound. Cell phones and other mobile devices using the GoForce 5500 should be commercially in the second half.

INcredible:

http://www.nvidia.com/page/goforce_5500.html

wow trd i notice u love nvidia lol cool keep us up to date with everything. i think thats awesome how they have that thought a cellphone with the abilty to game like a xbox SICK!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, lol. I always keep tabs with Nvidia. I'll give you guys all the latest Nvidia updates for the next 50 years if they're still around. It would be neat to see cell phones getting more and more advanced in multimedia stuff, kind of like our PDA's and laptops, but even smaller with cell phone form factor. I can imagine everyone using their cell phones for everything. They also claim that is uses less battery power too. I'll have to see it to believe it.

Now i love a great cell phone just as much as the next person, but i just dont see the point in having a cell phone that is basically a mini computer (except Smart Phones of course)

Yeah I agree with that, but it'll allow more expansion in a way.

It'll also probably make mobile phones as we know them a thing of the past. It may just bring smaller smart phones, etc into fashion, and knock the older mobile into a thing of the past.

Something that does everything in the pocket (only problem with music is the room) but if they built a small enough phone that had 20gb of space etc for data,etc and could function as a phone, e-mail device, games device all in one.
They'd be in for a winner.

it's cool.
But mobile phones won't be needing any good vid chips in a while.
Because no one wants to play good games from a really small screen, and no one wants to carry a 13" "mobile" phone in their pocket.

But technology will soon come up with something that will solve those problems.

Yeah, now we have VCast with Verizon Wireless. It's streaming video I think? This could be the turning point of cell phones with the intro of the goforce chipset. Can't wait to see more advancement on this technology.

Yeah, but I know one thing. If they offered BBC, etc on phones like this. One thing I would want to have to do is pay for the BBC TV thingy to allow myself to watch them.
Things would have to be free to be any use.

But yeah, having a cople of devices is okay, but if you have a mobile in one pocket, an mp3 player in the other, etc etc, it can get a bit tedious.

I know one thing, what makes me late in the morning is picking up everything I've put down somewhere. Something to get rid of that would be great.

If an MP3 player was built into a phone though, to be any good, it'd have to offer space soloutions (maybe a mini hard drive) and have good quality sound like Creative/Iriver/Sony players. Without that, the MP3 function would be useless.

I mean, using a memory card is fine using a mobile on the new Sony walkman phones, but there not the same as having all your collection on there, just there for you whenever you want. Videos, Picture transfers (possibly without PC) and a few games to play while bored or something. AS WELL as a phone.

But I agree, a small screen wouldn't really suit, but if a screen was big, you'd end up looking stupid holding the phone to your ear, though I guess alot of people use bluetoopth, etc to talk now and other hand held devices.

Maybe those new fold out screens could be used. Mobile phone when its only little, and then you stretch it out to virew videos/photos and games.

I've seen that technology being tested somewhere. Looks really good.

Back
Top Bottom