Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB graphics card

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Has anyone even seen this? This is the BFG version and it's even water cooled!!!! Look at the specs on this monster. Does this card smoke the competition? Talk about a Vista ready video card, damn...

http://www.bfgtech.com/8800GTX_768_PCIe_wc.html

At a glance:

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX:

Bus Type: PCI Express
Memory: 768MB GDDR3
Core Clock: 575MHz
Shader Clock: 1350MHz
Memory Clock: 1800MHz
Stream Processors: 128
Texure Fill Rate: 36.8 billion/sec
Memory Bandwidth: 86.4GB/sec.
Shader Model: 4.0
API Support: Microsoft® DirectX® 10 and lower, OpenGL® 2.0 and lower for Microsoft Windows®

Connectors 2 Dual-Link DVI-I, HDTV + TV Out
RAMDACs: Dual 400MHz
HDCP Enabled: Yes

It's the latest and greatest stuff. I love it. I say, bring on the competition. Here's a quick look at the system req. to run this bad boy:

Minimum System Requirements

>> Internal or external PC water cooling system
>> Tubing with a 1/4”, 3/8”, or 1/2” inner diameter
>> 1GB of system memory
>> CD-ROM drive
>> 50MB of available hard disk drive space for basic driver installation
>> Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) operating system
>> A PCI Express-compliant motherboard with an available PCI Express x16 slot
>> A 450W PCI Express-compliant system power supply with a combined 12V current rating of 30A or more*
>> One 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connector
-or-
>> Two 4-pin Molex power connectors

NOTE: For the power requirements of two GeForce 8800 GTX-based graphics cards running in an NVIDIA SLI configuration, please Visit www.slizone.com for more information
* Minimum system power requirement based on a typical PC configured with an Intel® Core™2 Extreme X6800 processor

1GB of RAM?!?!?! You got to be kidding me!!! Wow...

DAMNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Might as well make it an even $1,000, lol. I love it.

Thats one serious card! Shame you need a watercooled PC to take advantage of it...

Its also a shame theres no Direct X 10 tests you can download to test how good these cards would be on Direct X 10, yet of course, there can't be yet.

Even though it is a Direct X 10 card though, but will exceed at Direct X 9 games. Will it be like the early Direct X 9 cards, that when Direct X 10 games finally come out, it won't be able to run them very fast?

Back
Top Bottom