Nvidia Forceware update

TRDCorolla1

Golden Master
Wow, I just downloaded the new Nvidia display drivers and it has this brand new Nvidia Control Panel now that monitors all your advanced settings. Totally new interface compared to going into the Advanced button of the Display Properties. It has a new GPU temp monitor interface that looks so cool and all the 3d settings and display stuff. No more right clicking on Dekstop to go to your video advanced settings. Only thing I haven't figured out yet is the OC settings. I think it might still be the same method as the old registry edit you have to go through to add "Coolbits" to the registry.

Windows XP/2000 32-bit

ForceWare Release 90
Version: 93.71
Release Date: November 2, 2006

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_93.71.html

How does the new interface work? Mine's still the same old thing, and I still can't adjust fan speed or monitor temps from the nvidia control panel.

Actually mine was probably already like that since I had nTune installed.

it is pretty much the same thing...the thing thats bugging me is the o/cing. i set my speeds, click test, and it doesn't do anything. i sat there for 1 minute (doesn't sound like very much) and it didn't do anything. how long do i have to wait?

EDIT: nvm...i just used the classic control panel which is way better than the new 'recommended' one. the recommended one seems unfinished. the classic one is easier to work with.

If you use the recommended new interface, it gets rid of the "7800GT" tab or whatever video card you have at the top of the display properties after you right click on the desktop. You can right click on the desktop and just click on Nvidia Control Panel or go into the Control Panel directly and open the Nvidia COntrol Panel from there. It doesn't look that bad.

The only thing I hate about the classic interface is that it takes soooo many clicks to get there. Especially when you need to monitor your GPU temps. THe new interface is much faster. I wish I can post a screenshot of the new interface, but I'm using my laptop (ATi) at the moment and I'm in class now.

Back
Top Bottom