nvidia drivers and BSoDs

EricM

Daemon Poster
i have been having many problems with BSoDs on my system lately and each time it would be the same old driver NVtcp.sys causing the stop error message. well turns out i wasnt the only person to have this problem. i researched it and lots of other ppl have had it. the most common issue was the nvidia firewall and network access manager. turns out they dont have the most stable drivers for those, and people who removed both seemed to resolve the issue. but i tried uninstalling the NAM with no success. it wont launch the uninstaller when i try to do it through windows add/remove programs. its gotten to the point where i cant even download files off the internet such as driver updates or even avg! everytime i download something it says the file is corrupt. i also tried uninstalling the nvidia display driver and the BSoDs seemed to have been kept to a minimum. but i couldnt live with the crappy quality of not having the driver so i reinstalled it. but i cant even update the driver to the newer 91.47 version because it wont let me! i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if anyone has advice... i already started a thread that can be found here... http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=44139

but that was more relating to the files windows was blocking... everytime i download a file that doesnt have a digital signature it immediately blocks it.

anyways i think i am going to try a reformat and not install the nvidia firewall or network access manager. what does the NAM do anyways?

this is getting really annoying and because of nvidias faulty drivers, it has discouraged me from buying any nvidia chipset mobo in the future.

Back
Top Bottom