Nvidia 7950GT superclocked or 8800

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Ok, So I'm needing to buy a new video card soon my 6800 ultra just isn't cutting it anymore.

I've been looking at the 8800 GTS or GTX and they both seem REALLY good. But I have vista, and I've heard that vista and the 8800 don't work to well together atm. And the game I play Vanguard if any of you play or have played. Theirs a problem with vista+8800+vanguard.

SO I was wondering, if I should buy a vid card that has been out for a while and is stable.

I was looking at this 7950GT http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130066

instead of getting the 8800. I could save 100+ dollars by getting this card rather than the 8 series.

So how big of a diff will the graphics be comparing the two? I was thinking just to buy the 7950 right now, then once more things become more DX10 and the 8800 becomes more stable to just upgrade then. I know I will be upgrading twice but I really need a card right now. Like I said the 6800 just isn't cutting it anymore..

Feedback please

Thank you

ps i play at 1680x1050 resoultion

I'd get the 8800GTS/X, I honestly don't see the point in upgrading more times than I need to, in the long run you'll be saving more money by just buying the 8800 since you'll need it for DX10. If it's really an issue for you though the 7950GT will work just fine.

You double posted this thread btw.

opps sorry about the double post.

Yea the 8800 I would get in a heart beat. Its just the game I play really sucks with vista+8800.. Thats the only thing that is making me have second thoughts. So thats why I want to know if the graphics are that big of a diff between the two

hey clandestinex, this is off topic, but if your getting rid of your 6800 ultra lemme know, i might be interested... :)

performance wise they are about the same (the 7950GT might even perform better) but the truth of the matter is that you will want a DX10 card and also from what I have heard the 7950GT is the biggest power hog out there among video cards.

Back
Top Bottom